Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ironjen's Appalachian Trials Lists Part 2: What do I want to get out of my thru-hike?

When I successfully thru-hike the Appalachian Trail, I will. . .

Now that we have a pile of gear waiting for us to take to the trail on our test hike in a few weeks, I am back to working on my Appalachian Trials lists.  Next up?  What will I gain from my thru-hike experience?  It's time to dig into the treasure chest of this awesome challenge!

These are the things I will get out of my Appalachian Trail thru-hike:
  • An incredible book of night photos
  • Images for my outdoor product commercial portfolio
  • Outdoor gear company contacts to shoot products
  • A deeper bond with Jeff aka Muskrat
  • Skills to succeed at this marriage thing
  • A fantastic shared adventure
  • A second book perhaps (hopefully the first one will be done by then!)
  • New perspective
  • Clarity
  • Direction
  • Finally see more of New England
  • Time away from technology (for the most part)
  • More confidence
  • Another great story
  • New skills
  • New strengths
  • Unknown gifts
  • New friends
That's what I have for now!  I'm sure that the list will develop and evolve over the next 8 months of planning and preparing!



©2014 Jennifer Magnuson, All Rights Reserved, Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited.

2 comments:

  1. This is random, I realize, but I want to talk to you and Muskrat about your transportation plans. My husband and I live between the Atlanta Airport and Springer and want to hike in a couple of years. We're looking to start our trail magic early. Contact me if you all might need a lift for your start date!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We have several friends in the Atlanta area, but we will let you know for sure if we need a ride!

      Delete